1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your web browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile phone if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to understand how people use the Website, remember a merchant’s login details, and store Website preferences.
- To understand how visitors interact, use and engage with our Website, and
- To analyze and improve our services and/or products.
Below is a list of cookies used by us and description and purposes of cookies used.
Necessary cookies are essential for the functioning of our Website, access of Website features and for security reasons. These cookies, for example, enable you to log into secure areas of our Website and enter into transactions. We use these cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Functionality: To keep our Website working correctly, for example, showing you information according to the selected location.
- Authentication: To authenticate your requests and maintain session information.
- Security: To authenticate you, prevent fraud, and protect your data from unauthorized access.
For more information on necessary cookies please see the Annex I “Necessary cookies”.
Analytics cookies allow us to understand how you interact with our Website. They help us recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how you move around the Website when you are using it. We use these cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Preferences: To remember how you prefer to use the Website as you interact with it. It helps us understand how many visitors use our Website, how they use it, which pages are visited most often. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that visitors are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Third party analytics: We use Google Analytics to collect and analyse information about the use of the Website and our service, how many visitors are on the Website, which pages they are visiting and track how many visitors joined us. Google Analytics may collect information regarding the use of other websites, applications and online resources. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting your Website’s visit. For more information on Google Analytics, please click https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
Targeting and advertising cookies are gathering information from you to display advertisements to you based on relevant topics that you are interested in. Targeting cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
For more information, please see the Annex I “Targeting and advertising cookies”.
You can opt-out of cookies by adjusting your preferences at our Cookie settings dashboard, with the exception of cookies that are necessary to provide you with our services.
You can also control and manage cookies using your web browser that allows you to delete or refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please note that removing or blocking cookies can impact your user experience and some functionality may no longer be available.
For more details you can visit the help section of your web browser or follow the links below to get more information on options available to you:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en;
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies;
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer;
- Windows Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac.